Saturday, June 26, 2010

good to be

I am pretty certain that my life is charmed somehow.
I need to apologize to any of you who were anticipating a more consistent documentation of my travels abroad this spring.
I hope to recount highlights here soon.
I had an amazing time, and I learned a lot.
I am happy and grateful to be back home, though.
I woke up this morning to a marching band parading itself in front of my house playing God Bless America, which I found rather befittingly ironic in the face of the fact that I spent the last two months away from my home sweet home.
I have amazing friends. I love them, and I am grateful to know them. They are my family in so many ways.
I watched a partial lunar eclipse from the bed I had made of the couch on my porch last night. It was amazing.
I took a nightswim with some amazing women. Nature is a beautiful teacher.
I am truly happy.
I am scared to branch out of this moment of joy and grow more, even though I know that it will come soon.
It is good to be home.

No comments: