Friday, November 11, 2011

My Baby

This is a semi-official link to my graduate school project. It isn't really a finished website yet, but we are working on it.
In slightly related news, I am working on writing a rejection letter to everyone who applies but whose work doesn't really fit with the project. So far I have written:


           Dear [Insert Name],
                    The Great Plains Art Museum at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln would like to sincerely thank you for your submission to our juried exhibition, “Contemporary Indigeneity: The New Art of the Great Plains”.  We received a surprisingly large amount of submissions, and frankly, yours sucked. It was not really what we were looking for, so we ask you to please come pick it up. It will be in the dumpster located in the alley between P and Q streets off of 12th in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska, as that is where we felt it was most appropriately displayed.
We hope you will apply again to our next show!
And just remember, that which doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.
-Alicia Harris


Obviously 100% appropriate? I haven't ever really been rejected before, so I'm not sure how to do this tactfully. Any tips??

4 comments:

Hillary said...

hahaha. i think you've got it.

*ehu. said...

Wow. That's my most favorite rejection letter, ever.

gavin said...

I would be ruthlessly direct. 5 sentences is too many.

Marge Bjork said...

It seems to me you're already the Queen of Tact so...